Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It is quiet and much cooler than the houses.

One night I pumped up my air mattress on my roof, and the world stood above me as I slept. It was quite literally a dream come true. And despite the fact that I was slightly nervous I would fall to my death, when sleep came, it came well. I didn't wake until morn, with the first rays of sunlight and the gentle coaxing of birds chirping. I finished watching the sunrise before returning through my window to the comfort of my bedroom. As I was still tired, I lay on my bed for hours reading before drifting back into a deep and easy sleep.


3 comments:

Kaity said...

mmm the best 3 hour sleep ever. haha

Unknown said...

hahahaha. funny because it's true. or mostly true. I think I fell asleep at 1:30 and woke up right at 5.

so 3 1/2?

Cumorah said...

sister - i really like you. i really like you to be alive. so...perhaps you can leave sleeping on the rooftop to the birds, or squirrels or whatever else might want to perch up there. i like the idea of rachel safely asleep in her bed - inside her room. :)