Sunday, November 22, 2009

Small and simple things for which I am really grateful.

  • Kindnesses upon kindnesses, from professors, from classmates, from family, from friends.
  • A line from a book, "Everything is possible again."
  • Another line from the same book, "If nothing matters, there's nothing to save."
  • That God speaks to us in ways that we understand.
  • Skype, and a 3 year old girl on the other end who knows my name and calls me aunt.
  • Facebook and gmail and blogs.
  • That it is not yet a terrible prospect to go outside/that it is not yet unbearably cold out.
  • Scarves and hats and sweaters.
  • My bicycle.
  • Pizza.
  • Having school classes I don't hate.
  • Living in a city I am learning to love more all of the time.
  • The (actual) color purple.
  • The book The Little Prince.
  • Priesthood blessings.
  • Music shows.
  • Trader Joe's.
  • Maps.

2 comments:

Starman said...

I just want to say that I love that you love things. I wanna read The Little Prince, but I gave my copy to a friend for their Birthday. I have a problem with giving away things I actually need and then I don;t have what I need and one day its gonna kill me but that's a way I'd like to go.

Also I want to say that once I watched Yo Gaba Gaba with that little girl and it was amazing and it made me want kids, but only cool ones.

Rachel said...

Rach, Rachie, Rachel,

i adore the color purple right now. see, for example, my new coat: http://ryanwelliott.blogspot.com/2009/11/beloved-sister-beloved-city.html

i am also in love with scarves, pizza and maps.

kindly,

your sometime internet penpal,
Rach, Rachie, Rachel