Monday, December 1, 2008

Good news. Birth News.

April, sweet, beautiful April, had her baby girl, who is likewise sweet, and likewise beautiful.  How could she not be with April as a mother?  Little Emily is honestly so lucky to be part of that family.  I cannot even explain.  I have so many good thoughts, and feelings, and memories of April.  In fact, most memories I have from growing up are tied to April in some way, including those that are most embarrassing and awkward.  I'm glad she could be there with me to share my obsessions of Canada, Much Music, cheesy poems, toilet papering, swing sets, ice cream, grilled cheese, soccer fields, stars, trampolines, sweater vests,  church dances, water, and passed notes.  

April is one of my oldest friends, and certainly one of my best friends, and through all of these things I have learned how remarkably kind she is, as well as genuine, patient, and fun.  I also admire how easy and natural it is for her to make everyone feel included.  She is also hard working, faithful, nurturing, and a fantastic photographer.  I'm sure Emily's life and childhood will be well documented, that she will always be well dressed, and that she will grow up listening to great music.  If she shares the same love of track and field as her father, she will do so well and be so fast, because she has good genes, so I kind of hope that that happens.  Anyway,  I know that all of April and Aaron's traits will make them excellent parents.  How truly lucky for Emily.  
 
Pretty April. 


Pretty Emily.

1 comment:

April Hill said...

Awww, I'm so touched Rachel. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend. It has been wonderful growing up with you, and having you in my life. I love you infinity.