Monday, December 19, 2011

Letter pressed.

My dear friend Leland printed my invitations at his letterpress shop, Rowley Press. I could not have been more pleased. (I was also pleased with S for designing them, and Ash Mae and Carl for inspiring them.)



I met Leland when I was a baby sophomore at BYU. The place: his house. The reason: Sunday crepes. How: he was already friends with Meg and Drew, two people I loved dearly. I didn't know it at the time, but that day would prove an inspiration for me. It a) helped me develop a long lasting friendship, and b) gave birth to my own Sunday Crepe Nights, several years later. When I was still in Utah, Leland and I had many clubs together, most notably Hot Chocolate Club and Churro Club. They were as legitimate as can be. Additional things to know about Leland: he builds a mean chicken coop and has fixed bike problems for me about a million times. He loves C.S. Lewis, the history of milk, letter press, and Dar Williams' After All.


No comments: