Friday, April 30, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes I fly to Utah after turning in 47 pages of papers and giving two speeches in one day. Sometimes I talk to Derik on the phone the night before he gets married. Sometimes Zach and I drive to the temple together in the morning. Sometimes it is snowing hard in April. Sometimes we are in a hurry and run through that snow to get to the temple doors. Sometimes we have our recommends ready, but the gentleman at the desk speaks slowly, and tells us we are in the wrong place. Sometimes we exit the doors, and continue running in the snow through a crowd of people before reaching the right building. Sometimes we also run through the halls of the temple to make it to the sealing on time. Sometimes I feel a little bad about this later. Sometimes Derik and Ingrid walk in 20 seconds after we are seated. Sometimes Zach and I hold hands while our best friend is getting married. Sometimes the ceremony is so beautiful I cry. Sometimes it also makes me think, "This is the right place to get married." Sometimes at the reception I catch the boquet. Sometimes I feel happier than I ever remember feeling.

3 comments:

Cumorah said...

How lovely. That really was so beautiful. It was snowing here in April too, but somehow, it didn't seem quite as poetic as you made it sound. It felt alot more like, AAARGH! Why am I living somewhere it SNOWS in APRIL!!!???

Mary said...

You're beautiful Rachel, inside and out.

Katie said...

Awww... so beautiful. Some time I'll have to tell you my embarrassing late-to-a-wedding story.