Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Napping House.

My 93 year old grandma encourages people to take naps. In fact, one of the first things she says to people when they walk into her home is, "Oh, you must be so tired! Why don't you take a nap?" It doesn't matter what time it is. You got there at 10 am, and only had an hour drive? "Oh, you must be so tired!" You've been there for three days, and are reading a book? "Oh, you must be so tired!" And because I often am tired, I tend to take her up on the offer. 

Thus it is possible for Spencer to ask me after church, "Are you going to take a nap?" And when I answer, "Yes, how did you know? Because it is Sunday?" it is possible for him to say, "You took a nap every day you lived here! You've taken a nap every day since you've been back! The fact that it is Sunday only increases the likelihood!" 

It is also possible for me to remind him that he fell asleep yesterday on the couch, one hour after waking, and that my grandma teetered over to him with her walker, to carefully lay a blanket on his resting form. (It was a sweet sight.)

4 comments:

Lisa H. said...

I love this. Come to think of it, my grandma always encouraged naps, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure there is a delightful children's book called "The Napping House." Cute story from what I remember....I have it somewhere....

Unknown said...

I love naps. And grandmas.

There is a children's book with that title. It definitely served as my inspiration. :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet Granny. I aspire to be like her someday.